So excited and darn honored to be a small part of a really amazing book:
“WOMEN OF THE GALAXY” by Amy Ratcliffe
is out On October 30th with Lucasfilm and Chronicle Books!!
October 2018: Big thanks to Daemen College for such an amazing honor–
Graduate of the Decade!
I can’t really even begin to express my love and graditude!
I’ll keep working hard to make you all proud.
It’s been quite an exciting 2017!
So honored to be a Grand Clio award winner for art direction along with
the fantastic team on Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle!
And I’m super humbled to have a STELLAr Award for album package of the year with the lovely Travis Greene.
1001 Knights was just featured on Buzzfeed, io9 & a bunch of other awesome places!
(Hello internet travelers!! Feel free to chat with me on twitter & instagram, as I need to update this site!!! Life has been quite busy!)
My pal Kevin Jay Stanton & I have created, curated, art directed & now launched 1001 Knights!
1001 Knights! is a massive 3-volume anthology project focusing on creating people-positive characters with feminist overtones. Please check it out & spread the word!
So Honored & super excited to share my recent interview with the BBC about my design/illustration work for Star Wars! Check it out: LINK!
Pleased to announce I am now working as an Art Director at Sony Music Entertainment!
And my work for Automatic Music Can Be Fun was recently featured in Communication Arts 2014 Design Annual!!
I’ve been helping direct (and have some art) in the newly successfully funded shojo anthology, Hana Doki Kira along with some amazing artist friends!
Hi. I’m ANNIE STOLL, and I’m an explorer. I’m also a DESIGNER & ART DIRECTOR
but I’ve left behind the ice and snow for the concrete jungles, bright night skies and killer graphic design of NYC. I draw, paint, splatter, code, cut, scratch and collage my way through life, and you’ll find me in my element when knee-deep
in hand-made typography and print based designs.
In 2014, I was nominated for a Grammy along with my White Bicycle comrades for design work on Automatic Music Can Be Fun. I currently work at Sony Music Entertainment as an art director. I’ve freelanced for Lucasfilm for merchandise as well as illustrations for Sabine: My Rebel Sketchbook. I always have a few other personal projects and gigs going on, too.
You’ll find all of my credentials HERE. I’m always up for a new adventure.
- ’17 Grand Clio for work on Amazon’s Man In The High Castle Vinyl
- ’17 Stellar Award Winner for Gospel Package (Travis Greene)
- Work featured in Communication Arts 2014 Design Annual
- 2014 GRAMMY Nomination for
Best Recording Package
- Invited to a Salon Night with
Stefan Sagmeister January 2013
- We Love Fine Runner Up
- ADDY AWARDS ’12 : 1 Silver
- New York Comic Con LOTR 2nd Place
- ADDY AWARDS ’09 : 2 Gold, 2 Silver
- ADDY AWARDS ’08 : 1 Gold
- Daemen College President’s Award
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Daemen College Student Leadership Award
- Don Nichols Scholarship
- Brainstorm Portfolio Review Winner
- BBC Culture Interview Interview
- Coffee with Kenobi Podcast Interview
- The Wookie Gunner Interview
- The Force. Net Interview
- Children of the Force Podcast Interview
- Tosche Station Podcast Interview (s)
- Complex News Coverage
- Daily Venus Diva Red Carpet Fashion
- USAToday Red Carpet Fashion
- ONTD Red Carpet Fashion
- LA Times Interview
- YNN Interview
- The Globe News Coverage
- Font Feed Article Feature
- Creative Review Article Feature
- Common Folk Collective Article Feature
- WGRZ News Coverage
- Rochester Insomniac News Coverage
- Business First News Coverage
- Daemen Voice Interview
- Coverlovers Grammy Review
- Buffalo News Grammy Coverage
- The LCN Article 1, Article Two
- Adobe Cloud : InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Bridge
- Art Direction for music, photography & print
- CSS / HTML/Jquery/Wordpress
- Corel Painter
- Microsoft Office
- Traditional Media: paint (oil, watercolor, & acrylic) collage, ink, copic markers, letterpress, silk screen
SONY MUSIC: RCA, Columbia, Legacy, Epic, Masterworks, Playsation, Arcade Creative & Internal Decor
Bands with Sony: Pentatoinx, Superfruit, Weird Al, David Gilmour, Barbra Streisand, Foreigner, Adele, MSMR, Alex & Siera, Leon Bridges, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains,
Roseanne Cash, Lo Moon, Travis Greene, The Fray
Soundtracks: Janis Joplin Little Girl BLue, HBO’s Besse, Ghostbusters, Annie, Man in the High Castle
Independent: Left on Red, Avriel & the Sequoias
Other Clients: Playstation, Lucasflim, Studio Fun, Random House:
Crown Publishing, Anne Geddes, MTA of NYC,
American Express, Trio House Press
With White Bicycle: Ani DiFranco & Righteous Babe Records, Burchfield Penney Art Gallery, Buffalo Arts Studio, Mike Brown, Music in Action, O.A.R., Phillip Burke, Anne Heaton, Anaïs Mitchell
- DOWNLOAD my Resume PDF
Here are some things I’m WORKING on.
Part youtube, webcomic, sketch blog, shop, print shop,and zine. Known for the Sketch a Day.
Written by Tim Ferrara.